Z-SYSTEMS Ceramic Implants
are made of a pure zirconium oxide high-performance ceramic and are superior to titanium implants in many respects:
Bones and gums integrate better with zirconium oxide ceramics.
Z-SYSTEMS implants are metal-free, biocompatible, conduct neither heat nor electrical energy.
Less plaque accretion than on titanium. This reduces the risk of perimplantitis as well as cardiovascular diseases and strokes.
Ceramic is much stronger than titanium.
Thanks to the white material, no gray shadows are visible even with thin or receding gums.
Ceramic implants are opaque to X-rays, and easier to recognize in critical situations.
Top aesthetic results with Zirkolith® Ceramic Implants
Dental zirconium oxide ceramics are now available with different qualities. Implants from Z-SYSTEMS are made with the unique Zirkolith® process. It includes our experience of 15 years of research in the field of development, material processing and quality assurance and offers key advantages:
- The breaking strength depends on the manufacturing process. Zirkolith® ceramic implants are carefully made in several steps and then post-processed.
- The SLM® surface which has been developed and patented by Z-SYSTEMS achieves a surface enlargement through increased macro and micro roughness. This leads to an improved bone integration. Healing with the latest generation of Zirkolith® ceramics is over 98%, which is comparable to leading titanium implants.
- Zirkolith® ceramic implants are plasma sterilized, which is gentle to the material.
- Zirkolith® ceramic implants can be ground in the mouth as with a natural tooth. This simplifies work and makes extensive accessories superfluous.
The benefits of Z-SYSTEMS Ceramic Implants
- Survival rate comparable to that of titanium implants
- Secure osseointegration thanks to the hydrophilic SLM® surface
- Implant and abutment can be prepped
- Higher material strength than titanium
- Less plaque, better gum attachment
- Sustained aesthetic results
- Not electrically conductive, no galvanic elements, no currents
All Z5 implants are made from TZP- A Bio-HIP® zirconium oxide. The material reaches its flexural strength, which is higher by far than conventionally used titanium, through the "Hot Isostatic Post compaction" process, among other things. In this step, the material is densified by sintering in a tunnel oven for three days at 2000 bar, so that the physical properties of the base material can be significantly improved.
Not only implants, but all instruments that come into direct contact with the surgical field are made of zirconium oxide. The cutting instruments are made of high strength ATZ high-performance ceramic (alumina toughened zirconium oxide). This zirconium oxide which is strengthened by aluminum oxide is ideal for the production of drills and taps. These ATZ drills have excellent cutting performance and low wear. Scalpels and raspatories are manufactured from zirconium oxide using an injection molding process.
Biocompatibility and bone integration
Due to years of use of this material for dental reconstruction and its use in orthopedic, zirconium oxide is known to be highly biocompatible . This has been shown in a large number of clinical studies.
zirconium oxide has comparable bone integration to commercially pure titanium. Sennerby et al. (Gothenburg, Sweden) have shown in an animal study that the removal torque of zirconium oxide implants with a rough surface is comparable after 6 weeks to the removal torque of titanium implants with a rough surface.
Gahlert et al. (Munich, Germany) showed in an animal study that zirconium oxide implants with a roughened surface have better stability than machined zirconium oxide implants. The roughening of the surface increases bone apposition and has a positive effect on removal torque.